Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
Steam Armour Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
Steam Armour I_vote_lcapSteam Armour I_voting_barSteam Armour I_vote_rcap 
Will
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

Steam Armour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Steam Armour Steam_Armour_Anime

Name: Steam Armor
Type: Armor
Materials: A mixture of clay and other minerals
Visual Description: The armor is a red clay like material, being quite smooth and cold to the touch, while also being able to hold designs such as the sunken lines that are a result of when the clay was heated to solidify it. The armor was first several separate pieces before being connected by metal scale rivet designs, making the armor comfortable and flexible.
Ability:

Major Abilities

Durable: The armor being made from several clay pieces is extremely strong on it's own and redistributed pressure quite well due to the several plates. This allows the armor to withstand any bukijutsu of S-Rank and below if they are slashing/stabbing, while being able to block B-Rank and below Blunt force damage. It can also block Jutsu and physical strikes of a certain strength level.

Simple Strikes

75-85= 5 Chakra
86-95= 10 Chakra
96-100= 15 Chakra

Jutsu

C-Rank= 10 Chakra
B-Rank= 30 Chakra
A-Rank= 40 Chakra
S-Rank= 60 Chakra

Steam Furnace: If steam release is used while in the armor, the steam from the pours will be gathered and fill the furnace for later use for techniques or to enhance the Taijutsu of the wearer by using the pressure of releasing steam to add more force behind the attack or to form full Steam-based jutsu while discounting the chakra cost. While the easiest way of filling the furnace is for the user to generate it they can also fill it by surrounding steam, guiding steam from around them into the outputs which also can function as intakes. The furnace can hold a total of 500cc of steam that can be released when needed to enhance steam-based jutsu or taijutsu. If used to enhance taijutsu or a steam-based ninjutsu the user releases 30cc for each level they want to increase the techniques power. While they can also use the steam to Rank up steam-based jutsu which cost 50cc for each Rank increased, costing 100cc to rank up to S-Rank. The user can also apply a 25% chakra discount to Steam based release techniques by releasing 25% of the jutsu's base cost in cc's of steam.

This ability requires Boil Release to use and must actually have it's level of steam tracked like chakra. When it is completely empty the furnace is completely useless until more steam is put into the furnace.

Medium Abilities

Solid Defense: The Armor being made from a solid material is able to shrug off jutsu that just wouldn't be able to gather enough force. This negates the damage from Katon and Raiton based releases, lowering the negate cost for them by 20 Chakra points.

Cost: 10,000 Ryo [2,000 Base + 6,000 Major Abilities + 2,000 Medium Abilities]
Requirements: Boil Release is needed to use the Steam Furnace effectively, 50 Strength (or -25% speed)
Note: Causes a Base -20 Speed

Last edited by Akio Uchiha on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:31 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Horus
Kazekage
Kazekage
Horus

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Hmmmm....

A Uchiha having a potential Boil release armour, sounds like a set up to me.

A) This armor appears to be doing a lot for you. And yet you dont have to give up anything for it to work. At this point you can negate most things, and couple that with natural ability. Your character becomes invincible. As such, this will need a Chakra trade off in order to use such an ability. A 1.2 Chakra cost per Jutsu level that you intend to block.

B) The idea of negating the use of Chakra to utilize steam Jutsus is a no no.
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 6:57 pm

A: fixed with a discount instead

B: Do you mean for EVERY Jutsu or just the ones not stated my second ability
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Le Bump - Ready for Reviews ^_^
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Durable: I literally cannot comprehend what this means. Do you mean it costs 1.2 times something to block, or just 1.2 chakra? It it is times something, what it is times?

Steam Furnace: How does one build steam? How much steam does any given ability generate? Where can one acquire steam from in the environment?

What exactly does increasing a taijutsu with the steam do?

For the chakra discounts: they will be multiplicative with the ninjutsu mastery discounts, not additive. This is non-negotiable.

Solid Defense: So this negates stuff or it lowers the damage by 2 ranks? Also, what is the deal with the fire damage? After 3 posts of contact with fire it will no longer resist fire, is that it?
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Durability: It blocks S-Rank and lower physical damage such as Kunai, swords, etc without any chakra cost (besides the Seven Swords of the Mist) While Chakra is needed to block Jutsu and attacks from the Seven Swords and it cost 1.2 Chakra every Rank the Jutsu it. Although C-Rank and lower don't need payed to be blocked their ranks add up for higher jutsu. Meaning to block B-Rank Jutsu I would need to pay 3.6 Chakra, 4.8 Chakra for A-Rank and 6 Chakra for S-Rank.

Steam Furnace: The amount of steam will be specified in the jutsu, but a loose base can be added if needed. Such as 50cc for every Rank the jutsu is. 50cc=D-Rank, 100cc=C-Rank, etc. Although the user must use Steam release to move the steam into the furnace and boiled water release will only provide half the amount of steam.

Lastly by releasing 5cc for each rank you want to increase a jutsu the user can increase the force of a taijutsu or the rank of a Steam release jutsu. D-Rank -> C-Rank = 5cc, D-Rank -> S-Rank = 20cc

Solid Defense: Seeing as the listed jutsu generate less force they are easier to block and requre 2 Ranks less of chakra to nullify (2.4 points) As for the Fire Release I would like to change it to be more costing after rereading. If it is maintained and remains in contact with the armor each added post cost 10 more chakra to block, meaning the first post will require normal costs and then the board is cleaned and the first maintained post cost 10 chakra to block, then 20, 30, etc. Costing 10 more chakra to block it each additional post the fire remains in contact with the armor.
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:03 pm

Durability: This can't block all physical attacks at a cost. It's fine to like shrug off piercing/cutting attacks of certain ranks or lower or something, but not all of them. Also, blunt force/crushing/drilling abilities should be much tougher on the armor.

For the chakra blocking. No. That is not even remotely enough chakra. I would accept some kind of multiplicative function of the technique, like 80% base cost for C rank and lower, 1.2x B rank and higher or something. Probably a bit extra for S rank. But yeah, 6 chakra to just nope an S rank is... not a thing.

Steam Furnace: If each technique lists how much steam it generates that is fine. As far as the rough system goes, that is fine too, though realize that an A or S rank will almost completely fill the furnace...

That said, it will need to cost more steam to power up techniques. As it is, casting steam jutsu will essentially allow you to double dip endlessly into chakra discounts and rank ups, which I am extremely leery about. Still, you may attempt to make it work.

I think that's all for now on this.

Solid Defense: I see, the reductions are in relation to the first ability, no? If so that helps make more sense of it. Increased difficulty in blocking fire techniques seems fine as well. For now I'll hold off on this until the first ability is more addressed.
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Durability: I believe slashing/stabbing S-Rank and below should be able to be blocked completely since the Seven swords are not included since I'm paying for an S-Rank armor AND a Major Ability for this. However I see what you mean by crushing and such and A-Rank and below is where I'd be comfortable seeing as again this is an S-Rank armor and Major ability. Then S-Rank could cost maybe 1/2 as much as blocking a jutsu would? Maybe

For chakra blocking maybe E, D and C can be blocked free cause of what I'm paying for and then 20 for each Rank after that? B: 20, A: 40 and S:60? For reference using these Jutsu cost B: 40, A: 50, S: 70.

Steam Furnace: Honestly I'll probably make specific jutsu to fill the furnace which will state the amount of steam it refills. While for enemy or ally steam jutsu I'll use the 50cc each rank system.

Would 10cc each rank be good enough for powering up then?

Solid Defense: Okay what if it reduces the cost for nullifying the listed releases by 20 flat to make it easy and keep the fire release difficult, but we'll delete these posts and make it a hidden weakness?
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Durability: Blocking/resisting slashing/stabbing abilities that don't explicitly have some kind of armor piercing ability seems more or less fine to me. Crushing/blunt force/drilling/etc will not be the same though. Hm... I'd say probably B rank and lower are fine to block, rest need chakra cost, same as a regular jutsu. You will probably want to in some way have this align with the strength stat for unranked punches and the like.

Chakra blocking of E and D ranks for free... I guess. C rank will not be free. Go 10 for C 30 for B and then keep the rest of the costs.

Steam Furnace: Making unique ways to fill it is fine.

Do something like 25 to increase from E-D and then double it every time.

Solid Defense: That seems like it will work. Question though: this resists fire, wind, and lightning? Why does it resist lightning?
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 am

Durability: So block S-Rank slashing/stabbing and I'll pay for B-Rank and up bukijutsu with crushing damage. As for Taijutsu and normal weapon attacks 75 will be the strength block limit, everything after that costing 5 chakra a strike to block seeing as ordinary non-enhanced attacks are quick and many would land.

As for blocking I'm fine with the cost if I can keep the 20 B-Rank block. Since that is already 50% the cost to block the jutsu of a mid-rank damage level.

Steam Furnace: Sorry, but that is an extremely high cost. With 10cc a rank E to S would cost 10% of the full capacity, a reasonable amount. While the doubling would cost 80% or 400 of the steam furnaces capacity to go from E to S.

Solid Defense: It is made from clay and is not conductive. Making it basically immune, but for balancing purposes I didn't make it completely immune.
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:11 am

Durability: That seems to be fine then. For the Taijutsu, make it 5 to block at 75-85, 10 to block at 85-95, 15 to block at 95-100

Chakra cost for B will be 30. The fact that you can, with only an expenditure of chakra, crazy rush people gives you HUGE advantages in resource allocation and the like.

Steam Furnace: It should be a high cost, and you should not be able to make a D rank into an S rank even if you expend the entire furnace. You will be, I would assume, constantly refilling this anyway while you use these techniques, so the cost won't even be that high anyway. Again, this allows you to double-dip in stats/resources in multiple ways, so I'm already against it in principle.

Solid Defense: I'm only going to allow 2 elements to cost less to reduce the negation price of. Clay, while non-conductive, is canonically week to lighting, which is why I suggest that be the one to go. Though I guess you could keep it if you drop wind or something.

Also, the changes must be edited into the actual item description, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:25 am

Durability: Fair enough I suppose

Steam Furnace: I'm okay with a high cost, but could it be something a little more reasonable. Since pressure is what causes the jutsu to be stronger and cc stands for cubic centimeters. Meaning there would be TONS of pressure. So could it be 50cc each Rank from E instead of the doubling since that would be for steam release and stuff like Bukjutsu and Taijutsu leveling is like 60% that instead or something along them lines.

Solid Defense: Fine, I'll take away wind release
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 am

Steam Furnace: Less steam to rank up taijutsu techniques is acceptable. Did you also want to alter the suggested cost for ranking up steam ninjutsu? What is your suggestion?
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:43 am

For every Rank I Rank something up it's just an additional 50cc each rank no doubling and what not
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:49 am

How much numerically would increasing tai cost then? Also that can work but going from A to S for ninjutsu will have to cost 100 steam.
Back to top Go down
Akio Uchiha
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Akio Uchiha

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:01 am

30cc per additional Rank. Also the 100cc is fine.

Read over the app now that I updated it and see how it looks.
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:13 am

Ya. k.

But Steam Furnace back to 500cc or double the rank of steam costs for increasing technique strengths.

Just so you are aware again, steam chakra cost reductions are multiplicative.

This will need a strength minimum to wear effectively. If not you will move at 25% speed. Also it should have a base speed reduction while wearing it.
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 am

Alright. This is approved..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steam Armour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Armour   Steam Armour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam Armour
Page 1 of 1