Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
A Fortnight [Roku] I_vote_lcapA Fortnight [Roku] I_voting_barA Fortnight [Roku] I_vote_rcap 
Will
A Fortnight [Roku] I_vote_lcapA Fortnight [Roku] I_voting_barA Fortnight [Roku] I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

A Fortnight [Roku]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:16 pm

notes. Hira:  150 | 500
words. 447 | 447
chakra. 635 | 675

Spoiler:

A mist had gathered all about the outer portion of the village, just beyond the south gate, obscuring one of the main travel paths to and from the village. While he had not yet investigated it fully himself, the information had trickled down – or up – to him from various sources. While not known as a powerful figure to many in the village, most knew him in some capacity. Some thought him simply a guy who frequented their shop, many thought him a rich and indulgent member of the powerful Senju, some a confidant, some bought and sold secrets with him, and a very select and observant few noticed that they saw him all over the village, in various places and roles, and that while they had met him and talked with him, they knew almost nothing about him at all. These were the most dangerous ones but, blessedly, few of them existed. Regardless, Yogensha flowed effortlessly though an endless ocean of information, always finding himself just to the side of the center, never himself the creator of drama but always an accessory, a watcher, or someone who knew of it. He preferred it this way.

Still, this mist was strange. It did not move, did not dissipate, and had lasted for several days now. Moreover, it disrupted trade and set the minds of the villagers, ninja and civilian alike, in a state of unease. It needed investigation and Gen had been chosen, along with another younger ninja, to go about this interrogation of the mist. He knew not with whom he had been paired but he felt sure the person would prove capable. He generally had little faith in lower rank people, particularly when older than about fourteen or so, but he also knew that his lord, Ryujin, would likely not pair him with someone incapable of helping or, at least, providing entertainment. He moved through the village slowly, casually making his way to the south gate and keeping an eye out for his partner. He had a simple gray shirt on and a dark navy jacket with matching dark jeans. He appeared as little more than a civilian, though the knives hidden within his sleeves would, should they be visible, would tip anyone off to his true nature. His brow held a dark, octopoidal tattoo, its many tentacles curling delicately. The whole thing took up little more than a few square inches and his hair obscured the upper part of it. A hidden seal, resting upon his right shoulder, stored the legendary blade he owned. Upon exiting the village, he waited just outside the gate, hovering near the boarders of the mist itself, awaiting his companion.

made by sei

Back to top Go down
Roku

Roku

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 pm

The day was eerily calm. Few birds sang, few children laughed. The small number of sounds of livelihood which escaped into the air proved fruitless in their attempts to animate the surrounding area. Most children were kept inside by their parents for fear of the “strange mist.” Roku had heard rumors lately of strange and physically unnatural mist formations outside Konohagakure, the village to which he was recently inducted as a Genin after the destruction of his home and all he knew back in Iwagakure. Most parents thought the mist dangerous and pleaded with the village officials to get it checked out, refusing to send their children outside until the act was done. Attendance in the Shinobi Academy and in the general education school dropped tremendously.

The Genin was to meet with one named Yogensha. The young Kaguya knew nothing of the man other than that name and his higher status in the hierarchy of Konohagakure’s ninja system; though the position he held on such a thing was beyond Roku. He was apparently assigned to this individual because Roku was a possible security threat, despite the fact that he had already had his mind probed, due to his alien status in not being born in Konohagakure, but rather, Iwagakure. The other explanation Roku was given was that he bore exceptional talent for a Genin ranked Shinobi and was to be evaluated in his usefulness to the Konohagakure community by Yogensha.

The boy’s stride picked up slightly as he realized he was in danger of being late to his rendezvous with the higher ranked Shinobi. He seemed almost uncivilized in that he wore a pair of black cloth pants that allowed for maximum mobility and a purple robe over his body which opened at the torso to expose his bare chest; most did not realize that the slight indecency was a calculated advantage in his ability to remove the robes as quickly as possible in an effort to utilize his Shikotsumyaku with no obstacles. A small metal plate with the Konogakure symbol imprinted on it was visible on his right shoulder.

Arriving at his destination in perfect time, Roku analyzed the area just outside the gates of Konohagakure before happening upon a single individual, a man, whose very aura commanded respect; it was unmistakable that he was the individual Roku was to meet with. The Genin was humbled in his presence. Still, he approached the man with confidence and resolve, a fire set ablaze within his piercing eyes. “Yogensha? I’m Roku Kaguya. We’re to do a mission together today from what I’ve been told. If you’re ready… lead the way.”
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:19 pm

notes. Hira:  180 | 500
words. 371 | 818
chakra. 605 | 675

The man had waited only a short time when another, younger looking boy, emerged from the village and strode up to him, his gait confident and his body mostly exposed. Odd to be sure, but Gen did not flinch at the choice of dress; having traveled extensively, few visual oddities alarmed him and, moreover, people’s clothing choices made little difference to him. On some level he assumed the choice was conscious, either as a statement of heritage or, perhaps, as a way to allow for… something. Perhaps the boy possessed some secret or specialized technique which destroyed his clothing when used and, as such, found it simpler to wear less rather than continually buying large amounts of shirts which he inevitably destroyed. Or perhaps he simply hailed from an extremely traditional family. Either way, Gen had little time to truly muse about as, presently, the pair had work to do.

”Oh, yes, hello there, Roku-kun. By your name, I assume you are of the legendary Kaguya clan?” This explained the man’s open style of clothing. ”I’m pleased you’re here. Oh, and you may, if you prefer, simply call me Gen. My name is rather cumbersome.” He smiled brightly at this before turning is body to face the gathering, stagnant mist. ”I suppose we’d best investigate this then. I assume Ryujin-sama knows of it, but as of now there’s no need to wait on the investigation.” He turned back to the boy, palm raised to face him. ”This mist is quite thick and, even with my sensory skills, I cannot fully see through it. If you’d not mind, I can mark you a contact based sensory technique which will prevent us from being separated within the mist. If you have your own skills in sensory, however, I suppose it may not be necessary.” Should the other boy acquiesce, he would simply allow him to touch his palm, bringing chakra to his hands as he generated a mass of microscopic tracking spores. Either way, once this was completed or rejected, he’d turn back and face the mist fully. ”Well, I suppose we’d best be off then. Let us stick closely together.” And with that, he would lead the way into the pearly fog.

made by sei

Back to top Go down
Roku

Roku

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Speaking to him, Roku could tell that the other man was studying him scrupulously; perhaps he thought of Roku as a threat, or he was just speculating, or even thought something about him was peculiar. Whatever the case, the boy did not do the same thing in return to Yogensha. However, when he said Roku could refer to him as ‘Gen,’ he at least thought the man was friendly; a relief, knowing many higher level Shinobi that the young Kaguya had met with. Particularly that man Makoto who had stopped Roku on his exit of Konohagakure and seemed to want to keep the young Genin there against his will.

Nearly allowing for his thoughts to trail away from him, Roku answered Gen’s question of his heritage with a brisk, but polite “yes.” He was all about business today, and it was important that he get down to that business in an effort to make a good impression on Gen. After all, he knew not what Gen’s purpose on this mission with him was. It was a simple mission. One, in fact, that was probably below his level. A lower C-Ranked mission that Roku was actually authorized to take alone under the basic Konohagakure Ninja regulation.

As Gen spoke of his sensory technique and gestured with his hand, Roku simply followed his lead and joined his palm to that of the other. After a brief pause, the former turned and begun to approach the mist, and young Roku followed suit, his robe billowing slightly at the hard turn on his feet. Though it didn’t show, he was strangely nervous about this mission, and he hadn’t a clue as to why. He’d done C-Rank missions for Konohagakure before, even before he was an official Shinobi of the village. He shook it off almost immediately, however.

Strangely, as the two individuals approached the mist, it seemed to fade slightly. It was hard to notice at first, but then, it suddenly completely dissipated in a way that was physically impossible. At least in nature. Roku was fairly decently educated, and he knew something like this was just… not normal. He looked at his superior, confusion imprinted deeply on his face “It’s… gone? Was that some sort of jutsu or something? Perhaps that’s why your sensory techniques don’t allow you better visibility.” He knew he was supposed to be making a good impression, and while asking questions that he should possibly know the answer to weren’t the best way to do so, as his superior, Gen still had a responsibility as his teacher. “But, if that’s the case… the question would then be ‘who is performing this jutsu?’”
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 am

notes. Hira:  210 | 500
words. 400| 1218
chakra. 575 | 675

Having placed the spores upon his partner, the pair set off into the depths of the mist only to find that, moments later the mist vanished entirely. Gen quirked an eyebrow at this turn of events, unsure of what was going on, though he assumed that whoever had been casting this technique must have, for some reason, decided to release it. The mist clearly had been filled with chakra, even to someone who could not sense it, and so as the person discontinued funding the technique it made sense it should vanish. Roku spoke up then, accurately guessing that the mist was some sort of technique. ”Yes, it seems someone casting the hidden mist technique, or some kind of odd variant. Strange, to say the least. And that would, as you said, explain why I could not sense through it.”

Before he could respond, agreeing that it would be most prudent to go and find the source of the technique, he saw a white robe flick on the corner of his vision. He extended a hand, pointing out the fleeing figure to his partner. ”There, Roku-kun, someone fleeing. I cannot be certain but I believe they have something to do with this technique.” He expanded his sensory range, catching the person as they run and feeling a similar chakra pattern, a similar taste. He moved to pursue, taking a step forward before speaking once more to Roku. ”I say we pursue this person. No time to let them escape.” And with that he was off, dashing forward and trusting his partner to keep pace.

The figure fled through the forest, dipping and turning through the dense trees and such, but Gen and his companion pursued them still. He could not move at his full speed, not unless Roku proved to be supernaturally swift, but he did not allow him or the Kaguya to fall behind, tailing the fleeing person as he or she led them deeper and deeper into the woods. Eventually, should Roku have decided to follow, the trees would thin out and Gen would slow, still sensing as the person continued onward before eventually slowing to a halt some forty or fifty meters beyond the edge of the forest. He’d halt here, not yet revealed, turning to the genin he’d brought. He’d share a silent moment, waiting to see if Roku hesitated or if he would press on.

made by sei

Back to top Go down
Roku

Roku

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Konohagakure was possibly in danger. The image of his father being torn in half by the nine-tails surfaced in his mind, and for a slight moment, Roku was frozen. Physically, the young boy stood right next to Gen, but psychologically, the Kaguya was taken back into the past a few months and he was watching the massacre of his village. The anger, the fear, the shame in not being able to make a difference all surfaced, no less powerful than the day in which the events had happened. He wanted to scream but he couldn’t move. He was lost in his mind. And then he wasn’t.

He mentally shook himself. It had been a second or two that he’d been frozen, but he had no doubt that Gen noticed his discomfort. The expression of terror Roku had wasn’t the easiest to hide. However, when Gen spoke, Roku replied with the same determination and drive that he had before he flashed back, “I agree. Let’s do it.” Different fear, exhilarating fear drove the boy’s heart into overdrive, pumping so hard he could feel his heartbeat in his throat. He had never been on a combat mission before. He didn’t know if this was what that mission entailed, but he found himself strangely slightly hopeful.

And he tore off. Gen was faster than he, and so was the man fleeing the two Konohagakure Shinobi. But Roku had an advantage on the fleeing suspect, and perhaps even Gen, in that he spends weeks on end in these woods and knows them like the back of his hand. So Roku knew the swifter routes to get to the places that it seemed the fleeing hostile was going, and he took them. He was slower, but he made it up in less distance traveled and easier terrain traveled on.

A short distance from the edge of the forest, ahead of Roku, Gen slowed and stopped, perhaps checking on Roku and his position. The speed the two were traveling at wasn’t much for Gen, for, while he stopped with ease, Roku came to a skidding halt and was only able to fully stop by the use of a tree. It seemed Gen was jogging at Roku’s sprinting pace… such was the power of a Jounin. He looked at Gen, and almost had to fight back a grin as he asked, “What? Why are we stopping, did they get away?”
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 am

notes. Hira:  240 | 500
words. 476 | 1694
chakra. 545 | 675

The boy, Roku, seemed momentarily stunned before the pair took off on their pursuit of the target, though he quickly snapped out of it enough at least to give chase. This pleased Gen as he well knew and understood that while hesitations were impossible to avoid, shaking off mental shackles, at least for a moment, was the mark of an effective shinobi. As the pair chased this fleeing person, Roku shifted in and out of Gen’s peripherals, probably taking slightly different and perhaps faster routes through the forest, though Gen’s sensory technique, as predicted, never faltered or failed him and, as such, he never lost mental sight of the boy. No one, it seems, would attempt any sort of surprise attack or ambush, which put the man’s thoughts momentarily at ease. It was strange, however, that this figure would so suddenly remove the mist and flee on sight. What could they possibly desire?

Roku came to a stop at a nearby Gen just a moment after the older man stopped himself, spouting off a quiet question not a second later. Gen simply looked to him for a moment, concentrating to ensure that his mental picture of the situation was correct, before proceeding. ”Our target has stopped. He entered a small cave up ahead and is almost completely still, next to another, larger chakra source which tastes… bitter. I think something is wrong with at least one of them.” He nodded to himself as though assuring that this was accurate, though in reality the Beast had spoken. It chuckled as it spoke. Easy prey then. Let us end them swiftly. Gen turned back to the boy with him, speaking once more. ”We’ll proceed slower here, until we enter the cave. I don’t sense any traps or any sort of preparations, but keep your wits about you. We don’t know what this person wants or is capable of.”

With that Gen strode forward, moving at a rather slow pace just above a walk as the two would move stealthily towards the cave. Once they entered, Gen would immediately observe all he could see, taking note of the lack of much of anything outside of stone walls and a room not far into the cave where sat a rather young, effeminate looking boy – the fleeing target – and a man with bandages all along his face. The man, clearly older, had been laid out on the ground, face up, and was breathing shallowly. Without any real medical training outside of basic anatomy knowledge, Gen could tell the man was rather gravely sick, confirming his previous suspicions. He took a step forward toward them, the boy staring at them from the moment they entered by not raising a hand to strike. The Old One laughed, encouraging a simple, single death. ”Who are you? And why have to raised this strange mist?”

made by sei

Back to top Go down
Roku

Roku

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am

The boy took note of Gen’s use of the word bitter in that context. It was a strange word to use in that situation. Most people would say that it “felt bitter” or that it “had a negative aura,” but to say that it tasted bitter made the man, Gen, seem like some sort of predator. Strangely, Roku did not mind the use of the word, or its possible implications. Being a Shinobi was dangerous, and that meant you had to become dangerous yourself, simply to survive. If you weren’t you’d become prey to those who are dangerous. That was what Roku had learned back in Iwagakure when he lost his family. You must be dangerous.

In fact, at this very moment, the boy felt as if he was on a hunt. He hunted often, as he didn’t like buying food from the market, and the silence allowed him an excuse to be alone in his thoughts and memories, and this moment gave him the exact same feeling. Except he was hunting something much larger, much more powerful; much more dangerous. A thin, almost invisible smile curled at the very edge of the young Kaguya’s lip as he realized he enjoyed it. No longer would he be prey. This was his opportunity to become a predator.

Though so many thoughts passed through his mind in that moment, his response to Gen was immediately after Gen himself spoke. “It must be the one already in the cave that’s hurt or sick. The other was far too fast to be injured. Unless… we’re dealing with something much larger than we anticipated.” Again, the words came out not cautiously, or fearfully, but with an edge of excitement. He wanted this. Not to say he wanted to fight, but he wanted excitement. D-Rank missions after D-Rank mission after D-Rank mission had led him to go a bit stir crazy.

He simply listened to the next bit of speech that Gen offered and followed his orders, for he was right. At least, he had to be. That would be how he had achieved his high position in Konohagakure’s hierarchy. Meanwhile, other than the Nine-Tailed Fox and the man by the name of Makoto, Roku had never dealt with someone who posed a tangible threat to his life. And this man could very well be capable of that. So he shut up and followed orders, despite the excitement that kindled inside him.

His role was clear. As Gen entered the cave, Roku followed close behind, but he didn’t take a frontal position. He had never negotiated or spoken to an enemy – that is, if these people were, in fact, enemies – and he was not big-headed enough to do so now. So he simply hung a few feet back and listened to the conversation that his superior would have with the other men. Roku took note of the older man laying on the ground. He was right, the man already in the cave had to be the injured one. It was only logical.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Fortnight [Roku] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fortnight [Roku]   A Fortnight [Roku] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Fortnight [Roku]
Page 1 of 1