Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] I_vote_lcapThe Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] I_voting_barThe Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] I_vote_rcap 
Will
The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] I_vote_lcapThe Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] I_voting_barThe Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorfinn
Mizukage
Mizukage
Thorfinn

The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Empty
PostSubject: The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain]   The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Spoiler:

Thorfinn was a fan of sagas and songs. He had listen to bards when he was around the hearth in the mead hall. Who sing of otherworldly beings and gods fighting one another. Sometimes they would sing about heroes who fought great beasts. Thorfinn loved the Skald, they were the main sources of his family history and culture. One of his favorite poems was Þórsdrápa, A drápa to the god Thor telling the tale of one of his giant-bashing expeditions. From what he remembers it begins with an account of the trickery of Loki in inciting Thor to make war again against the giants; Þjálfi joins up with Thor but Loki is altogether more reluctant to the point of not going. What Thorfinn remembers it then details Thor's crossing of the oceans to Jötunheimr, with Þjálfi hanging onto his waist band. Being a drapa the poem is rich in praise of Thor and Þjálfi's valour in making the difficult crossing. They are immediately set upon by a gang of giants from the cave of Geirrod, but Thor and Thjalfi (Þjálfi) quickly put them to flight. Thor is then brought into Geirrod's house whereupon the seat he is sitting in is raised to the ceiling crushing him, however he strikes the ceiling with the stick given to him by Grid and he descends crushing two giantesses, daughters of Geirrod, beneath him. Geirrod then invites Thor to play a game, and throws a lump of molten iron at him which he catches in his iron gloves. Geirrod hides behind a pillar and then Thor throws the iron through the pillar and the giant. Thorfinn always loved the story as he wanted to become a strong warrior like Thor. This is one of the reasons that he picked this mission. Not only to get stronger but the Kirigakure Shinobi are stretched thin due to the Bijuu attack so there is more responsibility for the younger shinobis, which Thorfinn takes it in stride. He has stronger weapons and learned a lot from the last A - Rank mission. He spent most of his spent money on a set of unique weapons back in the Land of Iron. When he was in the Land of Iron he stopped by his old sensei to learn more samuri techniques. He eventually learned Iai Beheading. He got the weapons because he was fond of the myth surrounding them. After that mission he hoped that he could see the Uchiha again and was somewhat happy when he heard from the mission office that the Mizukage might send someone to help on the diplomatic mission. After al shinobi were known for their silver tongue and he was raised as an warrior. So here he was, heading towards the village gates that leads into the woods. Garbed in his full attire which consist of a cross between norse and samurai armor. When he was a young lad his father given his thick, warm white wolf pelt fashioned into a cape to Thorfinn as a birthday gift. Instead of a typical kabuto he wears a viking helm that is one of his family heirlooms. Painted on his Dou, a chest armour made up of iron is the symbol of Mjölnir that symbolize protection. The rest of his attire consist of typical white samurai armor, however it is relevantly light to match his light and nimble frame. His crystalline shield reflected shimmers of light under the rays of the sun. It is unworthy for a stealthy shinobi but Thorfinn will always be a warrior at heart. While it is true that he is going to learn how to mold chakra he can't simply let six years of his life be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain]   The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 pm

You shouldn't seek all the answers; believe me.
You may not like what you Find
Diplomacy
No Jutsu
Hold my meetings for the rest of the day please. Rei said suddenly after reading a bit of documentation that had been freshly laid on his desk. He had many stacks of paperwork before him, but somehow the newest article on his desk had struck his fancy. He had picked it up and read the review of it- it was a report about a circus that had set up not too far away from the village. He frowned as he saw the shinobi tasked to the mission: diplomacy was important and Thorfinn was a Genin who came from a tough but rough people. He didn't know tact to be one of Thorfinn's strong points. After having instructed his secretary to hold his meetings for the day, Rei would set down his papers and look at himself in a mirror to ensure his Mizukage clothing fit properly and wasn't dirty. Hardly. Rei barely left the office these days, going so far as to eat and sleep between doing paperwork. Even with his secretary filing the paperwork swiftly, more just piled up.

This would be a good break for the young Mizukage. The mission Thorfinn had been tasked was a mission of diplomacy. Rei could only imagine how Thorfinn might react to people riding tigers, or bears riding unicycles while juggling things. As a diplomacy mission, the best policy is a face to face agreement. Rei himself would go on this mission of diplomacy and Thorfinn could be his acting bodyguard. Not only would it make things easier, but it would also raise Thorfinn's standing in the village. After all, who could say they served as a bodyguard to the Mizukage? I shouldn't be gone too long, so if anyone is overly upset, just tell them to wait if their things are that important. he instructed the frustrated secretary. He could tell by her face that she didn't like the idea of turning people away from the office without the Mizukage around to back her up. She would just have to learn to stand up for herself. In the village, aside from Rei, she held one of the most powerful and influential positions in the village. She needed to learn to use that power he had entrusted to her.

Rei would leave the normal way this time, not sneaking out as he had before. As he went, people bowed respectfully to him and he returned with a small bow of his head. He hated ceremony, but as Mizukage, the people demanded he be given respect. His presence in the village as a precedence to future leaders: he couldn't allow his own fickle nature and antisocial behaviors set a bad example for the future leaders of Kirigakure. Rei knew in which direction the Genin was headed, towards the gates that would lead to the circus's entry only a few minutes walk from the village. Sure enough, Rei noticed the boy as he neared the gate- Rei could see that the Genin was wearing new items, a sword and shield to note. The sword and shield looked like fine craftsmanship, but Rei wasn't a weapon expert, what did he know after all. He would walk up beside the boy, matching his gate and walk casually alongside the boy. Those look like some impressive equipment. The craftsmanship doesn't look like it's from this village. Perhaps heirlooms from your people? Rei asked in a curious manner, though he was fairly certain he already knew the answer. He would greet the boy after getting his answer. I will be going with you on this diplomatic mission, you will serve as my bodyguard. I believe there is one more to go with us... he said, his voice trailing off as he began to look about.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
Thorfinn
Mizukage
Mizukage
Thorfinn

PostSubject: Re: The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain]   The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Thorfinn was surprise when he turned at the sound of the voice because it sounded a lot alike another certain Uchiha he knows. Instead he was face to face with the strongest shinobi in the Land of Water. "Mizukage-Sama, It's a honor to meet you out here." Thorfinn was surprise to see the jarl out here as he expected him to be busy with paperwork. It was also disappointing that is was not the Uchiha. He gave a bow as he greeted the Mizukage and stood attention. "Aye these are fine pieces of craft. These were bought when I was back in the Land of Iron for training." He held up Jötnar so the Mizukage could have a closer look. "This is Jötnar, Legend has it that this crystallize shield was but a fragment from a great frost giant who ruled over Hel. He crossed path with Thor and with a mighty swing of his hammer the giant was obliterated and was scattered throughout the nine worlds. It is rumor to have great power. Whether I believe it or not it is a fine shield that is a good 1000 Ryo spent. It is classed as an A - Rank so it shoud protect me from many things and still hold strong." Thorfinn than withdrew Jörmungandr to show it to Mizukage. "This beauty here is named Jörmungandr, Named after the great Migard Serpent Jörmungandr, this blade has similar origins to the shield. 39 inches of crystalline blade it is able to cut through many defenses as it is classed as a S - rank. So it costed 2000 Ryo." Thorfinn than sheathed his blade. When he gave his answers he was surprise and humbled when he heard the reason why Mizukage is here. "I would be honored to be your bodyguard Mizukage-Sama" Thorfinn said humbly. After they converse Thorfinn will prepare to head out into the forest with the Mizukage.

With Jotnar held over his heart he will be on the lookout for any bandits that might be near to pillage on a village still licking it's wounds. They would eventually come upon a large open field with a variety of structures strewn about. Thorfinn heard a lot of music coming from ride and he could smell cotton candy and hot dogs from the food stands. He saw many happy children running about, clearly enjoying their time here. Thorfinn was liking the sights, after the attack on the village the villagers needed morale to lift their spirits. He also some people with oddities entertaining the crowds around them. One he could see near him was a young man with two head. Thorfinn recoucesd his attention as he was here on a mission and he could never leave his Jarl side for a round on the Merry-go-Round. As they approach the main tent he saw animal tamers and other performers through the entryways of other tents. When they entered into the main tent he saw booths with women in skimpy outfits, they would have looked decent if they weren't wearing clown make up. Thorfinn did not really like women wearing skimpy armor as it was impractical for women in combat. His mother had given him a lecture the ridiculous of 'boob plate' armor when they were having dinner after he brought up what was her least favorite form of armor. "Let’s begin by stating the simple purpose of plate armor, to deflect blows from weaponry such as axes or swords. Assuming that I am avoiding the blow of a sword, my armor should be designed so that the blade glances off my body, away from my chest. If my armor is breast-shaped, I'm in fact increasing the likelihood that a blade blow will slide inward, toward the center of my chest, the very place that I am trying to keep safe. But that’s not all my lad! Let’s say I even fall onto my boob-conscious armor. The divet separating each breast will dig into my chest, doing myself injury. It might even break my breastbone. With a strong enough blow to the chest, it could fracture my sternum entirely, destroying my heart and lungs, instantly killing me. It is literally a death trap, I am wearing armor that acts as a perpetual spear directed at some of my most vulnerable body parts. It’s just not smart." Thorfinn loved the way his mother was passionate about her lecture. Like any Norsewomen she cares a lot about forging and is not like many soft women you would find in more urban cities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain]   The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Songs of the Skáld [Private, Rei, NK, A - Rank Missions, Circus of Slaughter Chain]
Page 1 of 1