Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] I_vote_lcapSeasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] I_voting_barSeasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] I_vote_rcap 
Will
Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] I_vote_lcapSeasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] I_voting_barSeasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Empty
PostSubject: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:42 pm

notes. FLASHBACK!!
words. 675
chakra. Who Cares!?

The mission had been a simple one, short and direct, though full of more stricture than Yogensha had though entirely necessary. Sure sure, he ventured out of his village, his homeland even, and into foreign territory, but he did nothing that was any more dangerous that a domestic mission. In fact, this had probably proven less dangerous all things considered, as he had never needed to engage in combat. On the contrary, combat, in this instance, was expressly forbidden. Simple reconnaissance not only needed no fighting, it required it; to fight would be to run a high risk of giving himself away, and this was unacceptable.

While successful, the whole operation had been quite boring. Gen had wandered on over to a village in the Land of Mist, taking a lovely boat most of the way, only to hang out in the small town for a couple weeks, his ear to the ground as he listened for any potential going ons among the folks there. Nothing in particular was likely to be gained from this venture and in all reality the elders who had sent him fully expected it to be a waste of time. Security, however, had no upper limit on its price and the village paid him well for his efforts. Still, he found that he simply wandered around the village a great deal, a yet adolescent boy of only fourteen, still just growing fully into his body, a face showing early chiseled signs and an extremely thin body.

The kids of the village like him tough, and most of the older people either tolerated and ignored him or took a quick liking to him. Unsettling good at lying even at such a young age, he infiltrated the village in a most splendid manner, the young child of one of the traveling merchants that arrived at the village. His well-spoken nature and good manners caused many of the local home wives to allow his presence at their dinner table, courtesy of invitations issued from the local kids who flocked to him. And as such, he managed to, without much difficulty, listen in to the most inner discussions of the people of the village. He heard a lot. Much was said about domestic disputes, about the weather, the growing season, who was sleeping with whom and in what position, which kids were good and bad, which women were bitches, which men pigs. It all became rather nauseating after a while, but he did hear some bits of interesting news about the country as a whole.

In truth, the village from which he hailed, hidden amongst tree and leaf, was upset. Panicking even. They, in disarray without a strong leader and in the wake of massive bijuu attacks across the land, wanted information on all of the other villages, not to stage an attack, for they were too weak to do so, but instead so that they could abate their fear. Knowing that the other villages were equally chaotic and weak made their own weakness seem more normal. Thus, they sent out children to infiltrate random villages in foreign lands that their fears may be lessened, if only slightly.

His mission completed, he found himself rather near the actual Village Hidden in the Mist, a legendary place said to be as powerful as his own home village. He did not know the exact location of the village and did not, at least for now, care to go searching for it. Such was neither his job nor his concern. He preferred instead to bathe himself in one of the many brooks and streams of the land, enjoying the climate of this place, so much nicer than that of his homeland. While many in the Land of Fire enjoyed the relentless heat, Gen did not, preferring a cooler climate. Until now, he had no idea that he enjoyed the thick, endless mist of this country so much, but he did. Suddenly, he wanted it and was sad to know that soon he must leave its moist embrace.

THEME SONG

made by sei

Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 pm

You shouldn't seek all the answers; believe me.
You may not like what you Find
#1,114
Sneaking
No jutsu used
Just a little further... Rei told himself, encouraging his aching body to patiently wait and restrain from sudden alarming movement as he watched his prey from a concealed but uncomfortable spot. His prey had come into this part of the forest some time ago and was rather quite slippery: whether knowingly or not, his target had evaded his ambushes and traps so far several times. Surely this time would be different however, he had stayed close by and studied his target's patterns and mannerisms to determine when and how it would react when in a certain terrain. His target was actually a white doe, an albino that a specific hunter in the village had failed to capture many times: in his frustration, he had hired a shinobi to hunt down the creature and bring its corpse to him so he could boast to his buddies who also coveted the white doe. Rei thought it was poor sportsmanship and untruthful, but it wasn't his place to be the man's conscious, plus he didn't really care one way or another. His job was to hunt the deer down and kill it: a simple task or so he thought when first agreeing to the hunter's request.

After having spent two days out in the forest hunting the deer however, had given the Genin a different impression about the deer and how difficult this mission actually was. Rei had hunted down another deer in the meantime and cooked its meat to sustain himself on the mission and used its pelt to mask his musk and provide a convincing decoy. Even now, he hung suspended on a large branch overlooking an open grassy field with his makeshift deer decoy in the clearing. It had been a buck, and it was mating season: Rei had used the bladder of the buck to spread the urine around the area and draw the attention of the white doe who was surely to come looking for mating. Come on you stu-! he had started to tell himself, getting impatient after hanging from the branch for around half an hour. His line of reasoning was halted however as the white flicker of he doe appeared in the distance by the field's clearing. Out poked its head, large blissful eyes looking around and sniffing the air as it slowly approached the buck decoy.

Rei hung suspended while hanging upside down by his arms and legs, a kunai in his mouth. Looking down on the scene, the white doe was sniffing the decoy and was rather confused as to why its mate wasn't moving or responding to its nervous prancing. With one hand, Rei let go of the tree branch and grabbed the kunai from the grit of his teeth and then used his abs to slowly and silently release the hold of the branch with his legs and he lowered them to dangling beneath him. He released his grip on the branch with his one hand and silently dropped down ontop of the doe, who bleated once in fearful surprise as Rei tackled it and jabbed the sharp edge of the kunai against its neck. Blood splattered from the doe as its heart raced and quickly poured out its life fluids all over the rich green grass and on Rei's legs and arms as he pushed the doe down against the ground to prevent it from escaping. Even if it had broke free from his grip. It would have only made it a few feet before dropping to the ground lifeless.

With the gruesome task accomplished, Rei stood up and wipes sweat from his face, accidentally wiping blood onto his face and then pausing as he realized this and breathed heavily in exasperation. He picked the doe up and held it upside down to let the blood drain out. He had purposefully stabbed it in such a manner to appear as if it had died by an arrow wound. If he had been more effective in slitting its throat, the hunter couldn't have used it for "proof" he had killed it while hunting. The purpose of draining the blood was to reduce its weight and slow degradation of its body. With the task accomplished, Rei felt it was time to head home- however he needed to wash the blood from his clothing and face beforehand. There was one spot nearby, a small lake that he could bathe in to clean himself. He held the white doe's corpse under one arm in a limp manner as he trudged on light footsteps towards the nearby spot.

Upon his arrival, he set the deer's corpse on a nearby rock and then proceeded to strip naked and wade out into the waters with his bloody clothes to wash them. The lake was larger than one might expect, but there were several larger lakes in the area of the forest around Kirigakure on three sides, the fourth side surrounded by the sea. Rei was at one end, washing himself and his clothing, soaking the nearest water crimson with the deer's lifeblood. So preoccupied in his task, that he didn't even notice as a stranger had arrived with the intention of bathing as well: some one hundred feet away and around a small bend in the lake's structure, was another shinobi not of Kirigakure, but Rei didn't know that. He was a cautious person, but no one enemy would be so foolish to come so close to a powerful village like Kirigakure. Hearing the rustling waters of the stranger, Rei would tense up momentarily and then peer around the small bend of the lake, around the side of a bush as he peered in the direction of the sound. He saw another boy, someone his age though who he didn't recognize. Possibly it was a Genin Rei didn't know in th village, an easy explanation because Rei didn't associate with most anyone, not even while he had been in the shinobi academy. The boy was bathing, so Rei would leave him be, he had no reason to interrupt the boy and embarrass him, especially when he himself was naked. The problem was that, this boy had unclothed and had his belongings near the location of the white doe corpse he had hidden. I will bathe and then place my clean pants back on and then circle around to get the rest of my clothing and the deer corpse. he told himself in a calm and planned manner. He quickly finished bathing and then squeezed most of the water out of his pants and then slipped them on and began to circle around the edge of the lake towards his personal belongings.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 am

notes. Flashback!
words. 631 | 1306
chakra. Who Cares!?

He’d taken some time to clear his head, allowing his guard to slip just a hair in his relaxations. The small opening of the lake was no spa; neither heated nor stocked with treats or other delicacies, it provided little in the way of pampering comfort. However, the water proved most refreshing and calming, the tendrils of mist moving gently about his field of vision as he bathed. He’d deposited his clothes a ways back, not drastically far from him, but far enough for them not to be soaked by the stream or the lake itself. He leaned back, his hair dripping beads of water down his body and into the lake, the chill sending shocks through him. He was torn, at present, about his departure. His family remained in Konoha, as did his clan, but he felt little kinship there and knew almost no one in the village. Full of people, it was a lonely place. Here, just a ways back in a tiny village, he’d made friends quickly, easily. People invited him to dinner and gossiped with him. And the weather was so nice.

But he couldn’t’ stay.

Shaking himself a bit like a dog, the lad trudged up the shallow slope to where his clothing rested, a small collection of stunted trees shading them from the diffuse rays of the mist shrouded sun. He froze there, nude, turned to stare ahead. He’d seen something move, not with overt quickness, but something. A streak of black atop paleness. His eyes readjusted rapidly, his vision scanning all around the place. Another, a boy about his age, had entered the small area of trees near the lake, his chest bare and his pants sodden. Bathing as well, perhaps? Pushed in by friends and left to forage on his own, damp and cold? A lake spirit? Gen could not say for sure, but he was hunkered down, down over his own clothing and what appeared to be the pale and dead carcass of a dear.

”Are you…” he raised an eye, utterly perplexed by the other boy. That doe had certainly not been there before, but where she had come from was again difficult to place. Perhaps this roving mist sprite had killed the thing and now intended to replace his clothing with it, tricking him into becoming some kind of mist sprite as well, or worse! A doe. Not that bovines were bad, per say, but Gen really had no intention of becoming one. ”Are you stealing my cloths!?” How strange, how strange indeed. If, by some miracle, this boy was simply what he looked like: a young child, then the Land of Mist was a strange place to say the least, what with people creeping around and thieving whilly nilly. Gen remained standing, stunned by the absurdity of what he saw, his posture frozen but relaxed, perhaps even strangely so. He harbored no fear, it seem, but rather complete curiosity.

After a moment of paralysis, Yogensha shifted his hands to his hips, throwing one out in a pose of exasperation. That is, until he remembered that he was, presently, unclothed. Suddenly growing bashful, a blush creeping along beneath his bright green eyes, he would turn away slightly, attempting to spare this other child an eyeful without overtly covering himself. He was, if nothing else, very accustomed to proper manners and decorum, a gift of what equated to a life as royalty, and he was absolutely certain that outright nudity in the presence of strangers violated such norms. However, drawing over attention to it would remedy nothing, so he simply shifted around in a vaguely uncomfortable way, hoping that the other boy either vanished in some kind of puff of mist or spared him by talking. Or turning away. Anything, really.

made by sei

Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 7:05 am

#1,127
Cooking
No jutsu used
Rei had successfully skirted around the side of the lake undetected, how awkward it would have been to be seen and then attempt to explain himself to the naked boy. Without a proper reaction and explanation, Rei would look like no other than a peeping tom, a gay pervert. Rei was neither however and only wished to gather his belongings and be on his way while the other boy remained none the wiser. It was in both of their combined interest if an awkward situation were not to happen. I should pick a less obvious spot next time for bathing, though I didn't expect to find anyone else this deep in the woods. Possibly the boy is from a small village nearby? The closest small village is about a day's travel from here, possibly he was on a hunting trip as well. Peering around, Rei saw the boy's clothing, not too far away from the boy but safely out of the water's grasp. He paid little attention to the clothing, though he was usually quit witted and analytical by nature, at the present he was much too concerned with silently gathering his own belongings while avoiding looking at the bathing boy.

Rei hunkered down by his own clothing and the deer, not so far away to the right side of the boy's own clothing. He picked up his shirt when suddenly the boy seemed to be alerted of his presence and immediately stood up and inquired about Rei's intentions. At first, Rei had his back slightly turned to the boy, so he was somewhat surprised by the boy's reaction, though more surprising was the question posed to him in a slightly alarming manner. Normally, Rei would have been expected to be called a pervert or maybe an attacker, a thug or rapist or something along those lines. But he was a boy himself, no older than fourteen or fifteen. Rei was a natural beauty, he had inherited his mother's beauty and compact body structure, that combined with his long and thick raven black Uchiha hair, it was a common occurrence to mistake him for a beautiful young woman. This time however, Rei wore no shirt and clearly had no breasts: obviously a male, though still very attractive and appealing to the eyes.

As he was found out and the bathing boy stood presently forgetting his own nudity, Rei stood up and quickly put on his dry shirt while he remained turned at an angle and looked to the side, refusing to look directly at the naked boy. Though he wouldn't look, he kept the boy in his peripheral vision to ensure the boy didn't attack him or try anything sly and sneaky. No, not at all! I just bathed after hunting and needed to wash myself before returning to my village. he explained honestly, not really bothering to inquire of the boy why he was there. Obviously he was taking a bath, asking a naked boy what he was doing seemed like an awkward way to get in trouble and make things more weird. The boy seemed to remember that he himself was naked and turned away to retain some modesty. Rei remained in his position for a moment, not speaking because he was trying to think of something to say to ease the awkward tension. You must be from that village to the south about a day's distance from here. I saw no game by your clothing, either you are hunting and haven't found any food, or you are lost. Rei himself was hungry and he still had deer meet from his previous buck kill. He would be willing to share a small meal with the boy if he were hungry. I have some deer meat to cook f you are hungry, it's better than leaving on a long journey home on an empty stomach. realizing he was making a gesture to eat while the boy was still naked and vulnerable in the water, Rei took a couple steps away from the water's edge and called out over his shoulder. That blueberry patch about three minutes from here to the East, I am camped there. he told the boy and then picked up his belongings, not bothering to finish dressing fully. He also picked up the white doe carcass and hurried to his little campsite to properly dress and prepare the rest of the deer meat in case the boy decided to eat with him.

Once at his campsite, he dressed quickly and let his pants air dry as he wore them. Normally his arms and legs would be wrapped tightly in white bandages to cover his multiple scars on his limbs, though there was no way to hide the vertical scars that ran down his eyes, two perfectly vertical and clean scars ran downwards beneath his eyes and stopped near the edges of his mouth. The most notably scars on his body, a testament to his jealous uncle's alcoholic abuse growing up. He left his bandages on a rock in the sunlight that pervaded the thick trees, though he wore everything else- his black attire, 3/4 length baggy pants, a long sleeve black shirt, black shinobi sandals. His shinobi headband was not worn right now, if his weird companion decided to join him for a meal, Rei would rather be seen as a civilian by a stranger rather than a potential threat. His ninja headband lay tucked in his pocket for now.

With a flint rock and dry twigs, he started a small fire and stacked dry wood in a square cabin fashion to provide a flat stove surface for the skillet he used to cook the meat in. He had gathered the wood the day before, choosing only the most dry wood. A skilled camper knew that wet wood gave off a lot of smoke, dry wood gave off very little smoke, if concealment was important, only the most dry wood could keep your presence hidden in daylight. If the boy arrived, Rei would have just finished cooking the meat and seasoning it with ingredients he had collected the day before out in the wild. Survival in the woods was important, to know what to eat and what not to eat was also important. A skilled hunter and a fair portion of shinobi knew these things, whatever his guest assumed, was not anything Rei could help- he wouldn't serve bland cooked meat to the boy. Along with the meat, was a loaf of bread and a gourd of fresh cool spring water. Rei would point to a stump across the small fire-pit and nod his head. Have a seat and join me. he said, adopting his usual neutral expression and tone of voice.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 5:47 am

notes. Flahsback!
words. 1114 | 2420
chakra. Ooh

Blessedly, the boy who he’d found turned away, refusing to stare openly at the poor, naked fellow who had been bathing. This other kid though, thick dark hair flowing all around, refused to move out of the way of Gen’s clothing, something which made for additional awkwardness, though he swept this away quickly with some conversation. Apparently he had been hunting, which would explain the dead deer and the small pile of cloths, but Gen could feel his face fall slightly at the knowledge. It would seem that this boy was not, after all, some kind of woodland spirit or sprite, malevolent or otherwise, which was a bit of a bummer. If he could return home with no information of particular value, at least he could acquire a fun story about his meeting with a fairy. Regardless, the boy – an actual boy – seemed, for the moment, non-hostile.

He was a looker though, even at a young age. Gen appreciated the aesthetic nature of the boy’s torso, a bit more muscled than his own, his long hair, and his defined facial structure, sharp and strong. Yogensha himself was destine for a jawline and cheekbones that could cut glass, but for now his face simply looked rather skinny, much like the rest of his body. Still, his bright green eyes stood in striking contrast with his dark hair and thick eyebrows, giving his face, even at such a young age, a striking effect. His piercing gaze and way with words had won him a few favors, particularly in missions such as these, but his clan held little respect for it, preferring that he show up, sit down, and remain silent. As it turned out, being the object of nigh-religious worship held many more downsides that ups, and being forbidden from speaking much of the time was only one of them.

Gen, however, enjoyed conversation, particularly when he needed not use it as a tool for gaining advantage. Such was a rarity in his life, as his work and skills required him to weave lies more often than not, a skill he found particularly simple. Still, whenever the opportunity arose, he took great pleasure in speaking plainly about anything really and with whoever would listen. The boy accused Gen of living in the nearby village, the very one he had been staying at for some time, which made any sort of alibied much easier to create as he could simply drop names of real people rather than fabricating them on the fly. Still, the kid, yet guarding his clothes, did not ask anything demanding of Yogensha, did not accusing him or yell at him or anything like that. Anonymity without the pressure of a mission was a blessing.

”Uh actually no.” He scrubbed the back of his head with his hand, turning more towards the other boy before recalling once again his own modesty and angling away once more. ”We’ve been in that village for a few weeks, yes, my family and I, but I’m not actually from there. We’re merchants, so we came to sell our good and buy a few things we can’t get elsewhere. Fish, mostly…” He trailed off, his eyes glazing over with the boredom of the retelling, something that he’d recounted many times prior to this, before realizing that he was rambling on to this poor boy for no reason. ”Sorry, sorry, I didn’t mean to babble.” He bowed lightly, an extremely awkward maneuver considering that both of the boys were angling themselves away from one another, resulting in Gen bowing to seemingly no one. He shook his head lightly at his own absurdity while listening to the boy speak once more.

”Oh no no I-” his stomach rumbled audibly, resulting in Gen’s pausing for a few long beats of time. ”Um… maybe I could eat. I’m sorry again; I don’t mean to impose on you.” He stopped talking again, looking at the boy out of the side of his eye as he spoke, eventually breathing out a huge sigh of relief when he finally told him the location of his camp and, of infinite more importance, moved out of the way of Gen and his clothing. ”Right! I’ll, uh, see you in a bit.” He called after the retreating boy, already moving to the pile of fabric he’d abandoned there. Quickly, he pulled on his pants, a simple dark blue affair of sturdy build, ending just above his feet, lose enough for him to maneuver in but perfectly civilian in their appearance. He threw on the deep purple shirt he’d been wearing, the thing accenting his bright eyes all the more, before picking up the backpack and moving along to meet up again with the boy.

He tread cautiously to the clearing in which Rei made his camp, his guard a bit up as he readied himself for a possibly attack. He came in at a slightly strange angle, not moving directly from the lake to the camp, but rather circling around thirty degrees or so, an area less shielded by the tree cover, allowing him to peer into the camp before entering, seeing the boy cooking the meat over a small fire. He coughed lightly, announcing his presence. ”Sorry again about back there, I really don’t want to impose or anything. Oh, and I brought something,” he reached into the pack he wore, withdrawing a few apples and a hunk of hard cheese. ”It isn’t much I know, but I brought it with me on my way back to the village, so I thought we might share it.” Handing out the proffered goods, Gen would acquiesce to the other boy’s request, grabbing a seat around the fire.

He looked around at the small but well-kept clearing, noting the handy make of the fire, the clean wound upon the doe, the smell of seasoned meat, the pan in which the boy cooked. He seemed quite prepared for this, so perhaps his village, whatever that may be, was not far from here. Or perhaps he was a wild child who hunted for sustenance had had been raised by elk and wolves and all manner of beast. No no, that could not be the case though as he had far too many manners for that. And he spoke English quite well. ”If you don’t mind my asking, what is your name. Or, rather, what may I call you? I’m Gen.” He smiled lightly as he gave his name, hoping for the courtesy to be returned. While he did not know the boy, he had a decent feeling about him. He seemed, at least for now, as though he was not a murderous lunatic or deranged psychopath, which was already a win in Gen’s mind. Perhaps he could pass a bit of time, enjoy some company with a meal, before departing once more. Perhaps.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:47 am

Eating
No jutsu used
It was not long before the boy would show up. Rei had already stuffed his ninja headband in his pocket and his ninja pouch was with a few other things stuffed in a sleeping bag behind him. Any physical evidence that he was a shinbo was hidden, though his seemingly prepared manner for hunting and his mannerisms were too refined to be that of someone unprofessional or inexperienced in the forest and hunting. The killing blow on his white doe was too precise as well, though he had made it appear as if it were an arrow wound: Rei had no bow or arrows, a fact that he knew, but wondered if this stranger noticed as well. It was just one of those things he would have to "wing" and make up as he went if the boy's sense of perception was higher than the average intelligence. By the time the boy had arrived, Rei had completely cooked the meat and seasoned it. Rei had sat himself in the direction facing the lake so he could see the boy as he was approaching, but instead the boy had arrived through a clearing some thirty degrees to Rei's peripheral vision. Whether intentional or not, Rei had to note to himself that only someone who was careful would circle to the side. It was somewhat a valid concern, but this was the world of shinobi. By appearance, both ere just two boys who had decided to bathe at two ends of the same lake and had accidentally stumbled upon each other in an awkward manner. It was the most rational and less paranoid of the logic.

Rei had seen the boy approach from the side, though kept about his business until the boy had cleared his throat to announce his presence while still at a safe distance so he didn't startle Rei. Rei had responded by looking up first in the direction straight, where he would have been expected to look at thinking Gen would have come from that direction. He then angled his gave to the size and had seen Gen, who immediately had apologized several times and tried to get passed the whole awkward moment only a few minutes ago. Personally, Rei would have been fine to just forget about it and never speak or think of it again: to him, there was no need to mention it or have some kind of closure on the matter. No need to apologize so much Gen. If you keep apologizing, you either look weak or seem suspicious. My name is Rei, I live in a village not too far from here. he said, stating the truth, albeit Kirigakure was a bit further than "not too far"

Gen had produced some food of his own to share, good manners for a stranger, even as young as Rei himself. Together, the two of them had a fine simple meal. Rei took the meat and divided it evenly and then put it between two pieces of bred with a slice of cheese for a sandwich. The canteen of cool and fresh spring water was placed near both of their feet as they sat on stumps, Rei took a swig of it just to show Gen it was safe to drink. Lest of course Rei was someone who cared not for his own life if it were poisoned, which was highly unlikely. To be honest, Rei didn't care for his own life, but he had promised his deceased sister that he would become a great shinobi and lead the village of Kirigakure into a brighter and more powerful future. He didn't have the luxury of throwing his own life away no matter how much he loathed his existence. Let's just forget that happened back there. No one needs to know, nor is it important. he said in a simple but somewhat callous manner, adopting his usual cold logic and practicalities. Thank you for the food you brought. I was getting tired of plain deer meat. he said in an encouraging way, realizing his usual mannerisms might have caused Gen discomfort.

As they ate, Rei would think over the boy's previous explanation. He wasn't a curious person by nature, but he hadn't actually paid too much attention to the boy's reasons for being so deep in the woods: he had been too preoccupied with trying to avoid the awkward situation. You said you and your parents were farmers? he asked, completely forgetting the boy had said his family were merchants. I don't know too much about farming, I'm more of a hunter than anything. I go out and hunt small game for my village sometimes, mostly to earn a little extra ryo here and there. he explained, somewhat true, especially in this sense for the low level mission he was on. Speaking of which, he would need to get back to Kirigakure within a day or so or else the deer would start to smell terrible, a fresh kill was what the hunter had requested.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 10:29 pm

notes. I'm sorry this post is terrible
words. 551 | 2971
chakra. ---

As he entered the clearing, he took note of the meticulous nature of the whole place, everything well-kept and ordered, especially for a camp site. The boy, ninja or hunter or otherworldly creature, clearly knew what he was doing, though he seemed a bit unobservant as Gen entered the clearing, the boy looking straight forward rather than reacting to the sound of his guest’s footsteps before finally turning his head to actually look at the intruder. How strange, but also interesting. Gen felt the corners of his mouth turn up as he spoke, intrigued by this boy, which was a rare thing indeed. Few people managed to grab his attention in much of any way, particularly if they had little to give him, and to date not a single kid around his age had caused him anything better than indifference. Rei, however…

”Uh, right, sorr-” he stopped himself short before apologizing once again. ”I tend to be rather proper I guess. I don’t mean to sound suspicious or anything.” He smiled once more before handing over the pieces of the meal and sitting down to enjoy a makeshift sandwich and some water, though waiting for Rei to take the first drink and bite. Perhaps a bit of paranoia, but in a foreign country he found it wise to remain cautious. ”At any rate, it is nice to meet you, and thank you again for sharing your food.” He took another bite of the sandwich, listening as Rei asked for them to simply forget about the awkward incident. ”I too would prefer to simply forget about that. Thank you.”

They sat for a short time in companionable silence, eating and drinking, Gen simply nodding to the other boy at the thanks for the bread and cheese. ”You seem rather good with the campfire. I’m sure eating some nicely cooked deer meet can’t be too terrible.” He continued his meal, watching the other boy as he ate and spoke, watching his face hold an unshaking mask of stoicism. He seemed extremely serious, his eyes hard and movements efficient, even in eating.  How odd that a boy of such a seemingly young age was so disciplined, so hard. Gen shrugged it off, realizing that he too could be quite serious and highly disciplined. The world put odd pressures on children.

Gen quirked a dark eyebrow at the other boy’s question, confused about his talk of farmers. Had he not just said they were merchants? He thought quickly to himself, wondering what the boy was playing at. Perhaps he meant to catch him in a lie? Or maybe he had simply forgotten because he was not really listening. That seemed unlikely, but who could say. ”Yes, you do seem a rather adept hunter. That doe you’ve killed is a lovely beast. I’m sure she’ll fetch a pretty penny. As for my family, no, we aren’t farmers, but merchants rather. We end up moving around a lot, staying in villages to buy and sell. It does not leave me with much time to go hunting, but I like to take whatever opportunity I can to get out and look around. Cities are nice, but I like the solitude of nature. I guess you probably already know that though.” He paused for a second, taking another drink.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Mission
No jutsu used
Rei had suddenly felt the urge to smack gen on the back of his head when the boy had started to apologize again, though the boy caught himself short of completing the sentence. Most of the time, Rei didn't concern himself with others, nor did he care what they said or thought. Feeling the sudden urge to smack Gen for his weak appearance of always apologizing was a new feeling to Rei. Rei had no friends, only comrades in arms: other shinobi, all much older and out-ranked him. Those were the people he felt the closest to, more out of respect and reliability than any actual mental or physical connection. Typically the higher ranked shinobi showed more maturity and were strong enough that Rei felt he could rely on them for intermediate things like low ranking missions.

Gen praised him on the choice of meat for the meal, Rei accepted to praise with stoic appreciation. The deer in this forest eat of the healthiest grass and leaves in the trees. Such green food makes their meat very delicious. I find that between the ages of two to six years old are when the deer taste the best. Any younger and their body does't digest the nutrients properly. Any older and their meat has a tough texture. he explained, using his pragmatic and simple reasoning on how to determine the best tasting deer meat. Gen changed the topic, commenting on his little campsite and how things were kept neat and effective. A keen eye for a merchant who hardly spent proper time out in the woods hunting. He could appreciate the boy's affections for solitude however, it was just nice to get away from everything else and focus on the simple parts of life. Rei disliked interaction with other by nature and did as little as possible to associate with those of his village. He felt no need for such feelings when talking to his new acquaintance Gen. Gen didn't seem thrown off by Rei's stoic nature and his serious attitude about most everything in general: most people felt uncomfortable or constantly tried to get Rei to lighten up. If Gen were a shinobi, I bet we would have a lot of things in common.

With the little meal finished, Rei would stand up from his seated position and stretch. Eating a meal usually made one tired, especially after the long and stressful day he had had while hunting the doe. He would refuse to sleep however, now that someone else knew of his camping spot, he no longer felt safe falling asleep. Since the meal was over, Rei figured it was time he head back to Kirigakure and hand the dead deer over to the "real" hunter. I should return to my village Gen. My family will be expecting me home soon. he lied, he had no family but his sister Yin who took care of him. If you want to rest here for the night, you may. Just be sure to bury the fire pot before you leave so there isn't a forest fire. He would offer the boy a handshake and then a small proposal. I find your company agreeable. Something about you makes me feel at ease. If you ever need a shinobi to protect your family's merchant business, you can always request Uchiha Rei of the village Kirigakure to help. he told the boy, divulging his association as a shinobi of the powerful village that protected the forests and smaller villages in the area. After a small farewell, Rei would have finished packing up hiw few belongings and sleeping bag. be seeing ya. he said and then headed back in the direction of his village. Gen huh?
made by sei

Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:28 am

notes. Exit. Until next time.
words. 725 | 3696
chakra. ---

The two boys finished the light meal in relative silence, the two chatting intermittently. Gen was used to endless talk, constant discussion, and chatter swarming around him like a wave of insects. He was never a part of this conversation, but always the object of it. He was talked about. Constantly. The endless banter about him, about his promise and talent, about his destiny and future, wore on him. He, by nature, was not terribly talkative, but he did like to speak with people sometimes, and being endlessly barred from speaking caused him great anger. He looked over at Rei as the boy finished up his meal. Rei was… different. He did not speak much and seemed a bit reluctant to speak when forced to, talking in clipped tones and efficient verbage, tough somehow not rudely. It just seemed like his natural mode of speech, like he did not much care for talking.

There was also the fact that he seemed to, strangely, like Rei. Or at least not dislike him, which was a start. Gen had, even at a young age, become very adept at manipulating people, particularly at making others like him and think that he liked them back. This proved invaluable for espionage but also in his daily life as he, in reality, did not like most people he met. For some reason that he could not yet place, Rei seemed to fall into the rare group of people that he could stand. Even his talking about the diet of local deer, something that usually would hold only fleeting interest, pleased him to hear. Something about this boy grabbed Gen’s attention, a difficult feat in and of itself, and held it. He had a kind of quite charisma, an unusual poise and self-assurance about him. He was confident but not boastful, which seemed such a rare combination in people.

As Rei stood, so too did Yogensha, partly to stretch as well and partly because he really needed to be on his way. The brief meal and company, while enjoyable, kept him from his long journey home and, as much as he did not want to make it, he had to. He could not simply become a missing ninja because he liked the weather across the sea better and certainly not because he’d found a new friend out in the woods. He yawned lightly, keeping his eyes open. He trusted Rei, to an extent, but remained vigilant perhaps to the point of absurdity. ”I should get back as well. We have a ways left to journey.” He looked at the other boy as he spoke, green eyes locking onto him. Rei offered a hand for a shake, leaving Gen to pause for a second, unsure. After a brief hesitation, he took it and gave a firm shake, nodding slightly to the dark haired boy. ”Thank you again for the food, and for the kind words. You also have a kind of calming effect. You seem steady and confident, which not many people are. I hope we meet again.” He paused, a small smile crossing his face. ”And if we’re back around and need protection, I’ll be sure to ask specifically for you, Uchiha Rei.”

He turned then to leave, gathering up his pack and taking a few steps back out of the camp site, turning as he reached the edge. Rei gave one final farewell, Yogensha simply giving a light smile and waving lightly to the boy. And then they parted, off and away in different directions, Gen to roam back through the forest and the mist, back to the village and the docks from where he’d sail back to the Land of Fire. He sighed to himself just thinking about the travel; the sea and the mist were certainly nice, but return trips were never fun and rarely exciting. He did not look forward to the trek, but it could not be helped. The village needed information about small towns in the Land of Mist, apparently, and Gen had been chosen to complete the task. He chuckled humorlessly. Everyone kept telling him how great of an honor it was to be selected for the task, but he simply found it boring and mildly annoying, though he did enjoy getting out of the village and away from his clan from time to time.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:43 am

Mission
No jutsu used
With each their own departure, the campfire had been smothered and buried. Mostly to prevent a forest fire, but also to cover their tracks. If there were any bandits in the woods, they would surely tell how long ago the campfire had been lit. Rei had wanted to cause no trouble to himself, nor his new friend. Whether they would see each other again, Rei couldn't know, but he enjoyed the thought of a manageable friendship. Friends were not a thing ever spoken on Rei's lips, much too withdrawn from the world with eyes of uncaring superiority: yet this merchant boy seemed to easily bypass Rei's protective barriers around his social standings. Back in his village, Rei was considered a prodigy of his own clan. A skilled Genin and dedicated to the village alone: yet he desired no friends and his callous and blunt nature scared even the most friendly of people away crying. However it had happened, he had made a friend here in the woods and his name was Gen.

Rei would travel the whole day on his way back to Kirigakure, his mind going over the events of the little mission for the deer as well as his meeting and discussion with Gen. Finally he arrived back at Kiri and was quick to find the hunter at his home. He had wrapped the white doe up in a cloth to prevent wondering eyes from seeing or recognizing it. He set the wrapped deer onto the man's table and the man thanked him for his hard work. Rei grunted to the man and nodded. It was time to go back to his own house and be scolded by his loving sister Yin for being away for so long. Little did Rei know at the time, he wouldn't have his loving big sister around for much longer and the next time he was to meet Gen, were of less than friendly or fortunate circumstances.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]   Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seasonal Flames [Flashback | Rei | NM | NK | NN | NQ | PP | G1 | GA | PNF | IO | RCBOP(IHW)]
Page 1 of 1