Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
Character Progression Suggestion I_vote_lcapCharacter Progression Suggestion I_voting_barCharacter Progression Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Will
Character Progression Suggestion I_vote_lcapCharacter Progression Suggestion I_voting_barCharacter Progression Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

Character Progression Suggestion

Go down 
+2
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Nyguyen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyguyen

Nyguyen

Character Progression Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Okay so I've noticed on this site that in order to gain more stats and skill points on this site you must rank up from Genin to Chuunin. I've also noticed that the amount of experience to do so is actually quite small (2K) and given that one gets 100 exp per 500 wc of posting, that means once can max out pretty quick. In fact I beleive Rei Uchiha was a genin in mid July and got Jounin by August. That's less than a month and his character went from out of the Academy to Kage!

Now some of you might say:

"Well Nyg if people want to grind then that's their business"

Okay fine. I get it and some people want to grind. But at least let them grind in a sensible way.

Right now the only way to increase your stats/skills is to rank up from Genin to Chuunin. But as most of you agreed, rank itself has nothing to do with how strong or weak a character should be. So rather than forcing rank ups in order to get more skills/stats, I propose that ranks be disconnected from the process altogether.

Rank is something that is handed out via the discretion of the Kage. Obviously a Kage would want to promote those that are stronger but rather than forcing it into someone's development allow it to happen naturally over a period of time. It wouldn't take much effort to disconnect the two features and I think it would make much more logical sense in terms of roleplay.

P.S: Organization rules would be nice too just a friendly reminder.
Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 pm

I have seen systems work this way you mention & they work relatively well. This system is somewhat of a hybrid- because even a Genin can perform S Rank techniques if they place their starting stats in the right places. The ranks of shinobi on SWW(here) serve as a mission buffer to prevent a Genin from trying to solo an S Rank(Though they can accompany an A Rank if the mission says a Genin can join them) The ranks also serve as a base chakra pool, they also serve as an aspect of IC recognition within villages. I understand that you want a more free-forming & progressive forum, but this system works well. It allows you to do badass things even at a low level. What you are asking for is to be able to make a genin and soon be able to match a Jounin's skill with less work then I have done to get to Jounin- using me as an example for such a line of reasoning defeats the purpose of this suggestion IMO.

Also, in the fact of me & how I got my character to Jounin- yeah I did it in about a month. I spent around a couple of hours every evening while having previously planned out the number of missions & such I needed to do to get to where I am. That is not to say I pointlessly grinded in an insensible manner. If you actually read my social threads and missions, you will see that they are all tied in together and go through my character's personal progression and fundamental "building" him into what he is currently. I enjoy a good story: it isn't that I raced to Jounin, but I was driven and had a goal in mind, I went for it with fervor and dedication & here I am now. I can't be at fault for being shrewd and serious to a regard. Character Progression Suggestion Onion028
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 11:18 pm

I completely disagree with the statement saying rank has nothing to do with skill. It has everything to do with it. Title has nothing to do with skill. If you're an S ranked genin, you're still more skilled than an A ranked jounin.

Also, rank isn't given by kage. Titles are given by kage. Kage can make you chunin, jounin anbu, etc. But they can't define your rank.
Back to top Go down
Nyguyen

Nyguyen

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:35 am

Genin (D-rank) - Chuunin (C-rank): 2000 Exp
Chuunin (C-rank) - Special Jounin (B-rank): 4000 Exp
Special Jounin (B-rank) - Jounin/ANBU (A-rank): 6000 Exp
Jounin/ANBU (A-rank) - Jounin/ANBU/ANBU Captain/Village Leader/Kage (S-rank): 8000 Exp

*^ In this case rank and title are functionally the same. You are creating a false dichotomy that doesn't exist Ryan. As per the rules they are the same. There is no such thing as an "S-Ranked" Genin vs an "A Ranked Jounin". There is only genin and jounin and that's my exact issue.

On the subject of chakra pool, that's another thing. I think there should be another stat...."Stamina" that determines how much chakra you have instead of a rank. But that's a suggestion for later. I find it dumb that everyone at the same rank has the EXACT same amount of chakra when its quite clear there are some people born with a lot more and some born with a lot less.

Also who said anything about making it easier? You could start tying stats/skills but require similar amounts of experience to gain it....just don't call it "ranking up". And yeah with enough hard work I see no reason why a genin shouldn't be able to solo a Jounin. As stated by Ryan and numerous others in the chatbox there is no reason as to why rank should have anything to do with skills/stats.

I have nothing against what you did with stat/skill grinding Rei per se. Its just that you've done the development of your character from genin to Kage in like less than a month? So your character went from Academy to running the village in that time and tbh that sounds incredibly contrived. I think this system would be much better for the reasons prescribed.

Back to top Go down
darny
Suna Genin
Suna Genin
darny

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:33 am

It doesn't matter!!!.
Back to top Go down
darny
Suna Genin
Suna Genin
darny

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:39 am

Though, Naruto never ranked up as a genin and was still able to defeat a lot of higher ranked ninjas
Back to top Go down
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Mizukage
Mizukage
First Mizukage Rei-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:42 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Elendril

Elendril

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:34 am

Ok even though this is a Naruto rp you cant reference shit to Naruto as a character the anime is built for him to come on top he is a plot character and gets an edge make Naruto just a normal world and a lot of shit in the anime would not happen because all of that is just for plot. So stating how Naruto is an S rank Genin is pointless cause thats not normal and is just some plot shit for plot purpose.

In a regular Naruto world your letter rank 9/10 would equal your tittle. Cause why would a Kage not promote you if you have the power to be at so rank. And why would you want to be at a lower rank Ninja are the military force meaning that the rank would also somewhat equal pay grade. So why would you want to get payed less (Yes i know missions give you money im just making an example. Though rank would also say what missions you can go on meaning higher rank more money) So in a regular Naruto world i am saying you wont be seeing S rank Genin so why put it possible on the site ?

And not allowing for people to just gain stats via training is smart and one of the few reasons that i dont loathe this stat system since it makes you think smart about stats as you rank up since you cant just gain more unless you rank up. Also keeping that everyone will have the same amount of stat points at equal rank so this way Chuunin A dosent have 50 stat points while Chuunin B has 100 stat points.

Cause i mean honestly the system is fine i mean the rank up system is already flawed itself but making a Title/Rank system wont help it plus its just un logical
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 7:52 am

I'm just gonna lock this topic because we have given you a solution to this in chat before you went ahead and made a topic.. So, solution: "rank up" but ask staff not to give you a better rank instead just the letter rank up. So eventually you'll be an S ranked genin /: that's what you want right? To have stronger characters with lower ranks such as naruto being S ranked genin? Now that we understand, let's move on.
Back to top Go down
https://shinobiworldwar.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Progression Suggestion   Character Progression Suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Progression Suggestion
Page 1 of 1